KUED PBS Kids 24/7 Services FAQ
KUED is proud to present our new KUED PBS Kids 24/7 Services! We’re rolling out a wealth of new programming and interactive media opportunities to help better reach kids all over the state of Utah, including a new dedicated kids channel, a 24/7 live stream of all your favorite KUED PBS Kids shows and new PBS Kids-themed educational games for additional learning.
In addition to making KUED PBS Kids shows available outside the regular morning & afternoon programming block and bringing back old KUED PBS Kids favorites, our new 24/7 Kids services will allow us to better reach kids in low-income households, kids who do not have the opportunity to attend preschool, kids who do not have access to television and kids who rely on mobile-only access to the internet. Read more about the KUED PBS Kids mission here.
What Are KUED PBS Kids 24/7 Services?
- KUED PBS Kids 24/7 Services expands the regular KUED PBS Kids lineup to include an easily-accessible 24/7 live stream of all your favorite PBS Kids shows, in addition to a new, dedicated KUED PBS Kids television channel.
When Do KUED PBS Kids 24/7 Services Go Live?
- The KUED PBS Kids 24/7 live stream premiered Monday, January 16th. The dedicated KUED PBS Kids 24/7 Channel will begin broadcasting Tuesday, March 7th.
Where Can I Find KUED PBS Kids 24/7 Services?
- The KUED PBS Kids 24/7 live stream can be found at kued.org/kids & on the free PBS KIDS Video App, which is available on mobile devices, tablets and over-the-top platforms such as Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Xbox One & Chromecast. The KUED PBS Kids 24/7 Channel will take the place of V-Me on channel 7.3, and will be available on Comcast channel 391.
Are the KUED PBS Kids 24/7 Services Free to Watch?
- Yes! The KUED PBS Kids 24/7 live stream, dedicated kids channel and KUED PBS Kids 24/7 on the PBS Kids Video App are all available free of charge.
What Else Is Included in the KUED PBS Kids 24/7 Services?
- In addition to the live stream, PBS Kids games will be integrated into the video interface, making it easy for kids to toggle between their favorite programs and corresponding educational PBS Kids games. These interactive features will become available after the initial launch of the live stream – stay tuned!
Will KUED PBS Kids 24/7 Services Replace Regular KUED PBS Kids Programming?
- No. Regular PBS Kids programming will continue its regular daytime broadcast on KUED Channel 7. Regular KUED Kids programming will not overlap with the 24/7 live stream and 24/7 Kids channel.
Will KUED PBS Kids 24/7 Services Be Available on Demand?
- No. The KUED PBS Kids 24/7 live stream is a linear service, which means that programs are scheduled and streamed in a specific order. However, free on-demand clips and full episodes will continue to be available at kued.org/kids/video and on the PBS Kids Video App.
Kids Already Spend Too Much Time on Screens. Won’t This Just Encourage More Screen Time?
- It’s important for families to provide a balance of screen time and other activities. But for kids, the emphasis is more on the quality of the media they encounter, rather than the quantity. With the addition of interactive games and other media incorporated into the live stream, kids are exposed to educational content that is both engaging and developmentally appropriate. See the new American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) media guidelines for more information.
What KUED PBS Kids Shows Will Be Included in KUED PBS Kids 24/7 Services?
- Bob the Builder
- The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That!
- Clifford the Big Red Dog
- Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood
- Dinosaur Train
- Fetch! With Ruff Ruffman
- Nature Cat
- Odd Squad
- Peg + Cat
- Ready Jet Go!
- Sesame Street
- Sid the Science Kid
- Splash and Bubbles
- Super Why!
- Thomas & Friends
- Wild Kratts
Have any more questions? Contact our Viewer Services Department at (801) 581-3064
Past Kids Blog Entries
- March 2017 (1)
- February 2017 (2)
- January 2017 (2)
- December 2016 (2)
- November 2016 (1)
- October 2016 (4)
- September 2016 (2)
- August 2016 (2)
- July 2016 (2)
- June 2016 (7)
- May 2016 (2)
- April 2016 (1)
- March 2016 (3)
- February 2016 (1)
- November 2015 (3)
- October 2015 (1)
- September 2015 (2)
- August 2015 (2)
- May 2015 (1)
- March 2015 (3)
- February 2015 (1)
- January 2015 (1)
- December 2014 (1)
- November 2014 (3)
- September 2014 (1)