Warning messageSubmissions for this form are closed.
Writer's & Illustrator's Contest 2015
Stories can be submitted starting January 1st!
All stories must be post marked March 20 and received by March 31st.
Each child who submits a story will receive an invitation to the Super Reader Party on April 11, 2015.
Local Winners to be Announced: May 1
The KUED PBS KIDS Writers Contest, in partnership with Thanksgiving Point, is for kids who are in Kindergarten through 6th Grade. Here is everything you need to get your writers and artists ready to submit their entries.
- First, take a peek at the local Contest Rules. It has all the information you need to get your story ready to submit! Make sure you can enter the Contest, and see what you can win!
- Print off the Contest Entry Form. You will need to fill this out completely, have a parent or guardian sign it, and mail it with your story to be entered in the contest.
- Check out past KUED Kids winners so you have an idea of what other kids have done in the past. You might get some inspiration!
- What should your story include?
- A beginning, middle, and end
- A central event like a conflict or discovery
- Characters who change or learn a lesson
- Illustrations that help tell the tale
- Stories must be postmarked by March 20, 2015 and received by March 31, 2015. Mail stories to:
Attn: Elise Peterson
101 Wasatch Dr., RM 215
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
NOTE: KUED accepts submissions from Kindergarten – 6th grade students. The national PBS contest is for grades Kindergarten – 3rd grade students. Since KUED extends the contest beyond the national submission grades, our 4th, 5th, and 6th grade winners are not eligible for national prizing.