From the building of the Transcontinental Railroad to participating
in the 2002 Winter Olympics, Utah's Chinese have made significant
contributions to the state's history and development.
- Learn about the History of Chinese
in Utah and access links to historical materials, including the
hidden history of Plum Alley, Salt
Lake's Chinatown at the turn of the 20th Century..
- View Portraits of People photographed
by the Utah Association of Chinese History and permanantly collected
by the Marriott Library.
- Browse Olympic Album for
photos of Chinese American children and Chinese athletes during
the 2002 Winter Games.
- Access a comprehensive Community Directory
of Chinese American organizations and services in Utah.
- Read transcripts from KUED's Civic
Dialogue interview with three Chinese community members.
- Read transcripts from a panel discussion
on March 21, in conjunction with a preview screening of "Becoming
American: The Chinese Experience."