- Encourage personal responsibility and the use of a competitive market to control costs and improve health care outcomes
- Establish an essential health care benefit structure that is a continuum of services that becomes more expensive as treatments become more elective
- Establish a health benefits commission to determine benefits within the essential benefits package and to resolve disputes
- Create a health insurance exchange that connects individuals to insurance policies (similar to how a stock market connects investors with companies). In the exchange, insurance policies can be purchased with pre-tax dollars (a benefit that not everyone enjoys today) and can move with you and your family as your job or other circumstances change
- Reduce costs associated with charity care by requiring individuals to have health coverage and providing financing for those with limited incomes and/or those whose employers do not provide benefits
Click here for more information (.pdf)
Click here for the United Way website
"Healthcare: Facing Barriers" is funded in part by: George & Dolores Doré Eccles Foundation, the Utah Medical Association Foundation, and the Lawrence T. Dee - Janet T. Dee Foundation.