7:00 PM - Masterpiece Mystery!
Completed Programs for Broadcast Consideration
KUED will consider locally completed programs for inclusion in the KUED broadcast schedule. Producers may submit program previews and supporting documentation for review at any time.
Programs will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Programs must align with KUED's programming Mission, Values, Vision and Standards.
- Programs will be judged on style, production qualities and expertise, editorial craft
- Exclusivity and cost to KUED
- Original video format of the production (broadcast level video preferred)
- A technical evaluation of the submission tape or digital file by the KUED Technical Services Department.
Programs to be considered must be:
- Closed captioned, as per requirements by the FCC.
- Free of any defamatory, indecent or obscene material.
- Free from any copyright claim. The producer must warrant to KUED that they have obtained clear and demonstrable broadcast clearances for talent, music, visual works and any other copyrighted content.
- Producer must provide evidence of an active Media Liability (Errors and Omissions) insurance policy of at least $1,000,000 that coincides with the proposed KUED license term.
Programs offered for consideration should be consistent with KUED's Guiding Principles for Editorial Integrity and Production Quality and relevant to our broadcast area or local issues and concerns. Program evaluations are at the sole discretion of KUED Programming Staff and Management. Other criteria may apply.
Producers with programs for consideration may submit a DVD preview along with:
- A cover letter outlining the nature of the program and a description of how the program supports KUED's programming Mission, Values, Vision and Standards.
- A production credit list for all primary participants involved with producing the program.
- A funding disclosure listing all individuals and organizations that have donated cash or in-kind contributions for the production of the program and the amounts of those contributions.
|Submissions may be sent to:
The submission of any preview or materials does not guarantee acceptance by KUED. Accepted programs are subject to the KUED Broadcast License Agreement. The scheduling, promotion and outreach of any program accepted for broadcast is at KUED's sole discretion. Producers may expect a response four to six weeks after the receipt of materials at KUED.
Program Proposals for Production
Independent producers seeking to establish a collaborative relationship with KUED for the initiation of a project, or completion of a project already in production, are invited to submit proposals. Proposals for collaborative productions will be reviewed during the months of October and April each year. Proposal materials must be received by KUED before the first day of each review month. Incomplete proposals, or materials received outside of the window for consideration, will be held for the next round of consideration.
Production proposals must contain the following materials:
These materials should be sent to:
Independent producers are encouraged to craft these materials carefully, since they will form the basis of initial consideration of the project. Producers whose projects receive a favorable initial review will subsequently meet with station personnel to discuss proposals in detail.
All productions undertaken for KUED-TV adhere to
the station’s Code of Editorial Policy and Production Standards.