Teacher Innovation Awards - Rules
Utah’s teachers innovate every day.
2013-2014 Teacher Innovation Awards: Official Rules
No Purchase Necessary
- Contest Description:
The “2014-2015 Teacher Innovation Awards” (the “Contest”) is sponsored by KUED Channel 7, with its principal place of business located at 101 Wasatch Dr., Salt Lake City, UT 84112 (“Sponsor” or “KUED”). The contest will begin on or before 11:59:59 PM Mountain Daylight Time (“MDT”) on October 1, 2014 and will close for entries at 11:59:59 AM MDT on December 31, 2014 (the “Promotion Period”). Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. By entering the 2014-2015 Teacher Innovation Awards, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these official Contest rules (the “Official Rules”).
To be eligible, the entrant and nominee must be at least eighteen (18) years old at time of entry and a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia. Contest entry is limited to one (1) per person. You may only enter the contest one time. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified. Contest is also limited to one (1) person per entry. Entries from teams of people will be disqualified. Employees and immediate family members of KUED or PBS’ public television member stations are not eligible to participate in this Contest. No purchase is necessary. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify ineligible entries; such entries will not be returned.
Entrant or Nominee must be one of the following:
- PreK-12 Licensed Classroom Educator (Public, Private, or Charter School)
- PreK-12 Licensed Head Start or Preschool Teacher
- How To Enter or Nominate:
Each contest entrant (each an “Entrant”) or nominator (each as “Nominator”) must complete the following to enter him or herself or nominate someone else in the Contest:
- Enter information about the entry – as requested on the entry form.
- Please see section 7 below titled “Additional Submission Rules” for complete Entry requirements and prohibited content.
- Completing the foregoing will earn Entrant or Nominee an entry (“Entry”) into the Contest, and shall constitute acceptance of these Official Rules.
- All Entries must be submitted by 11:59:59 PM MDT December 31, 2014.
- Once Entry has been submitted, Entrant and Nominee will receive an e-mail confirming submission. Sponsors shall not be responsible for garbled, corrupted, or otherwise lost or deleted Entries, whether as a result of human, technical or other error.
- Make sure to check the e-mail account used in connection with the Entry, as any winning notification and subsequent communication will be sent via e-mails. Entrants or Nominees who do not win will not receive notification.
- Read the Official Rules in full before submitting an Entry.
- Entries will not be returned. Upon submission, Entrants grant Sponsors a non-exclusive, irrevocable license to use and modify the Entry, in whole or in part, for public broadcasting purposes or other non-profit purposes, without any payment or other consideration, for use on any media now known or hereafter discovered, in perpetuity, to the extent legally permissible.
- Winner Selection:
Winners will be selected by a panel of judges using judging criteria, as defined below.
Entries will be judged by a panel of representatives from education related professional content organizations, community members, librarians, and parents. Judges will not be permitted to enter the contest.
Each entry will be reviewed by two judges, who will score each Entry individually. The entries will be judged on the following criteria, each of which will be worth a total of 25 points, for a maximum score of one hundred (100):
(a) innovation/ originality/creativity;
(b) application or reinforcement of 21st century learning skills;
(c) student engagement, and
(d) student learning.
Judges will be assigned Entries based on subject area and grade level in order to ensure judging expertise in selected areas. Judges will be required to abstain from judging if a conflict of interest is or becomes present. The final entry score (the “Score”) will consist of the addition of the two judges’ individual scores, and such Score will be used to determine the winners.
In the event of a tie in the Score (including the bonus point, if applicable), the KUED Education Coordinator or a qualified employee from KUED will serve as a third judge, using the same judging criteria and process described herein. Tie breaking scores will be used individually to determine order within tied scores.
Entries will be scored with a uniform rubric; the Winners will be determined after the Contest concludes at the end of the Promotion Period, and will be announced approximately during the month of March 2015. In total, once judging is completed there will be five Entries considered Potential Contest Winners. Potential Winners will be considered official Winners once Sponsors have ascertained a potential Winner’s eligibility and full compliance with these Official Rules.
There will be a total of five (5) Winners, each of whom will receive a prize. Each winner will receive a cash prize of $500, and a gift basket totaling approximately $250.
Total Approximate Retail Value of Prizes: $750 USD.
KUED will notify the Winners via phone and/or e-mail no later than February 28, 2015. Winners must respond via e-mail and/or as otherwise instructed to do so in the notification, within five (5) days of the date of notification, in order to confirm their acceptance. Winners must respond by sending a response e-mail to the KUED staff member who notified Winner of the award by and completing and returning a signed affidavit of eligibility and a liability release form without modification.
Tax Consequences. Winners will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes incurred by their participation in the contest. Prizes may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration. Sponsor will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one (1) year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winners must provide a W-9 to the Sponsor.
Conditions and Limitations Apply:
- Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, including due to network failure.
- Sponsor reserves the right to use any information submitted by Entrants for any purpose whatsoever.
- All Winners agree to the use of their names and likenesses in publicity without notice or any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this Contest, the Winners acknowledge that Sponsor has the right to publicize and broadcast their name, voice, and likeness, the fact that they won, and all matters incidental thereto. Sponsor is not obligated to attribute Entry to the Entrant who submitted it.
- By entering this Contest, each Entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor and its respective directors, officers, employees, agents, and subsidiaries (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind (collectively, “claims”) arising from or in connection with the Contest.
- The Contest and these Official Rules are subject to modification by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- An Entrant or Nominee is not a Winner unless and until Entrant’s or Nominee’s eligibility has been verified and Entrant or Nominee has been notified that verification is complete. In the event that a Winner is determined to be ineligible, his or her prize will be forfeited and Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate winner from among remaining eligible Entries.
- Sponsor reserves the right to add to the Prize Packages should additional prizes become available.
- Additional Submission Rules:
By participating in the Contest and submitting materials (the “Materials”) to 2014-2015 Teacher Innovator Awards you agree to and represent the following:
- You grant to KUED, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and licensees a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display the Materials in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, to identify you in conjunction with such uses of the Materials, and to incorporate them in other works, in any form, in any and all media now known or ever devised, in any and all versions, worldwide in perpetuity for purposes of promoting KUED, this Contest, and future similar contests, including, but not limited to, broadcast, streaming, broadband, outreach, promotion, publicity, marketing, and advertisement of KUED and any of its properties or programming services.
- You are authorized to submit the Materials, and you grant the rights in the Materials, as stated herein, whether or not KUED chooses to use the Materials for any particular purpose or at any particular time. You represent that you own all rights, title, and interest in the Materials or that you otherwise have authority to submit the Materials and to grant the license described herein. You represent that you have obtained all permissions, clearance, and releases from any third parties necessary to allow your submission and PBS’s use of the Materials, as set forth herein.
- You represent that the Materials do not contain material that is (a) unlawful, obscene, offensive, defamatory, libelous, threatening, fraudulent, abusive, pornographic, harassing, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, or does or could give rise to civil liability or violate any law, rule, or regulation, or is otherwise objectionable; (b) non-public information about any company that you are not authorized to disclose; and (c) an advertisement, solicitation, chain letter, pyramid scheme, investment opportunity, or other unsolicited commercial communication; (d) otherwise in poor taste or not appropriate for use in a classroom, at the sole discretion of Sponsors. Any Materials containing any of the above will be automatically disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsors.
- Materials that are submitted in violation of any school, institution, or School Board’s terms, will invalidate the Entry in connection with those Materials. At discretion of Sponsors, Entrant or Nominee may be required to provide proof of compliance with all terms herein, failure to provide proof of valid consent or adherence to any applicable terms, as described above, to the satisfaction of Sponsors, will result in the invalidation of that particular Entry. In the event of Entry invalidation, Entrant or Nominee will no longer be eligible to participate in the Contest, and will have no recourse or other opportunity to submit an Entry.
- You agree not to make any claim against KUED, The University of Utah, its affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, and assigns as a result of your participation in this promotion, any use of or decision not to use the Materials or part of them, including, but not limited to, any claim that such use invades any right of privacy, publicity, or both.
- You understand that, other than the opportunity to enter this Contest, you will not be paid any money or receive any other consideration or form of compensation for giving KUED these rights. You further understand you will not be reimbursed for any costs you may have incurred in connection with submitting the Materials.
- You represent that you are at least 18 years old at the time you submit your Entry and otherwise satisfy the Entry and Eligibility Requirements described in these Official Rules.
- Privacy: Any information collected in connection with this Contest is solely for the purpose of Contest administration and will be collected, used, and maintained as indicated at the time of collection.
- Request for Winners List and Official Rules: Requests for Winners List and/or Official Rules can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Disputes: This Contest and these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the state of UTAH. Any and all claims or disputes arising out of or in connection with this Contest shall be made individually and in no event in the form of a class action, and shall be made in the applicable state or federal court in the city of SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH without regard to any conflicts of law principles.
Quality shows - on your schedule