ENTRY SUBMISSION DATES:Now through April 15, 2019
LOCAL WINNERS ANNOUNCED: May 2019
LOCAL CELEBRATION FOR WINNERS: May 18, 2019
The KUED PBS KIDS Writers Contest, in partnership with Natural History Museum of Utah, is for kids kindergarten through sixth grade. Send us your SPACE themed story to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the moon landing. Stories can be fact or fiction – as long as they are on our theme of SPACE!
Stories are accepted now through April 15th. Winners will be announced in May and will enjoy a day with their families at the Natural History Museum of Utah, have their stories published online, and get to participate in a traveling art exhibit hosted by the Utah Division of Arts and Museums!
Here is everything you will need to help your budding writer and artist submit their entry.
- First, take a peek at the local Contest Entry Form and Rules (Print PDF Here). It has all the information you need to get your story ready to submit! Make sure you can enter the Contest.
- Print off the Contest Entry Form and Rules (Print PDF Here). Have a parent or guardian fill out the form completely, sign it, and mail it with your story to be entered in the Contest.
- Check out past KUED Kids winners (below) so you have an idea of what some winning stories look like. You might get some inspiration!
- What should your story include? 1) A beginning, middle, and end – remember to stay within the word count! 2) A central event, like a conflict or discovery. Remember, it has to be on the theme of SPACE! 3) Characters who change or learn a lesson. 4) A minimum of 5 illustrations that help tell the tale.
- Stories must be received by April 15, 2019!
Mail Story, Contest Entry Form, and a self-addressed stamped envelope (so we can return your story) to:
KUED Channel 7
Attn: Elise Brimhall
101 Wasatch Dr., RM 215
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
Printable Activity Sheets
(click on image to download PDF)