You are here
KUED Kids Writers and Illustrators Contest 2018 in Partnership with Natural History Museum of Utah
- DATES: February 1, 2018 - April 15, 2018
- LOCAL WINNERS ANNOUNCED: May 1
- LOCAL CELEBRATION FOR WINNERS: TBD
- Download Entry Form
The KUED Kids Writers and Illustrators Contest is for kids who are in Kindergarten through 6th Grade. Here is everything you will need to help your budding writer and artist submit their entry.
- First, take a peek at the local Contest Entry Form and Rules. It has all the information you need to get your story ready to submit! Make sure you can enter the Contest.
- Print off the Contest Entry Form and Rules. Fill out the form completely, have a parent or guardian sign it, and mail it with your story to be entered in the contest.
- Check out past KUED Kids winners so you have an idea of what other kids have done in the past. You might get some inspiration!
What should your story include?
- A beginning, middle, and end.
- A central event like a conflict or discovery.
- Characters who change or learn a lesson.
- Illustrations that help tell the tale.
- Stories must be postmarked by April 10, 2018 and received by April 15, 2018:
Mail Story, Contest Entry Form, and a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Attn: Casey Lippincott
101 Wasatch Dr., RM 215
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
Parent Resources and Activity Sheets
First: Download the Activity Guide
All stories start with an idea of the characters, places or events that will be in the story. Use these worksheets to help your child and students start to form ideas for potential stories. These activities provide a space to freely develop story ideas through text and illustration.
For more inspiration and tips from other parents, check out these articles from PBS Parents!
Creative Writing for Children
Writing Development: One Child's Journey from Scribbles to Stories