You are here
Completed Programs for Broadcast Consideration
KUED will consider locally completed programs for inclusion in the KUED broadcast schedule. Producers may submit program previews and supporting documentation for review at any time through the procedures outlined below.
Programs will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Programs must align with KUED's programming Mission, Values, Vision and Standards.
- Programs will be judged on style, production qualities and expertise, editorial craft
- Exclusivity and cost to KUED
- Availability of live streaming, on-demand streaming, and other rights
- Original video format of the production (broadcast level video preferred)
- A technical evaluation of the submission tape or digital file by the KUED Technical Services Department.
Programs to be considered must be:
- Closed captioned, as per requirements by the FCC. Additionally, producers must provide KUED with certification that the program satisfies the FCC's caption quality standards and Best Practices. (More information on the FCC's rules and standards may be found at the FCC website).
- Free of any defamatory, indecent or obscene material.
- Free from any copyright claim. The producer must warrant to KUED that they have obtained clear and demonstrable broadcast and streaming clearances for talent, music, visual works and any other copyrighted content.
- Producer must provide evidence of an active Media Liability (Errors and Omissions) insurance policy of at least $1,000,000 that coincides with the proposed KUED license term.
Programs offered for consideration should be consistent with KUED's Production Handbook and Editorial Guidelines and relevant to our broadcast area or local issues and concerns. Program evaluations are at the sole discretion of KUED Programming Staff and Management. Other criteria may apply.
Producers with programs for consideration may submit a preview link, or a DVD preview along with the materials below.
- A cover letter outlining the nature of the program and a description of how the program supports KUED's programming Mission, Values, Vision and Standards.
- A fully-completed KUED Broadcast Submission Information Form.
- A fully-completed KUED Blanket Submission Release.
- A production credit list for all primary participants involved with producing the program.
- A funding disclosure listing all individuals and organizations that have donated cash or in-kind contributions for the production of the program and the amounts of those contributions.
Please note that programs submitted without the above documents will NOT be considered by KUED.
Submissions may be sent to:
The submission of any preview or materials does not guarantee acceptance by KUED. Accepted programs are subject to the KUED Broadcast License Agreement. The scheduling, promotion and outreach of any program accepted for broadcast is at KUED's sole discretion. Producers may expect a response four to six weeks after the receipt of materials at KUED. (The KUED Broadcast License Agreement linked to on this page is provided as a sample only.)
Program Proposals for Production
Independent producers seeking to establish a collaborative relationship with KUED for the initiation of a project, or completion of a project already in production, are invited to submit proposals. Project proposals are accepted year round.
Production proposals must contain the following materials:
Send materials to:
Independent producers are encouraged to craft these materials carefully since they will form the basis of initial consideration of the project. Producers may expect a response four to six weeks after the receipt of materials.
All productions undertaken for KUED-TV adhere to
the station’s Production Handbook and Editorial Guidelines.